Highlights for 2012 event . . .
If you’re still debating whether to attend this year’s Whitewater Symposium, debate no longer! Commit to your business, your club, your self and the industry that you are so passionate about and JUST DO IT!
Here are a few updated highlights at this year’s event:
* The 1st time in the Pacific Northwest. If you haven’t already visited the PNW we all know you’ve wanted to . . . so here is your opportunity! A big shout out to Wet Planet Whitewater for hosting this great event.
* New speaker and workshop line-up. We have something for everyone! Just to name a few:
– How to build a kick-ass website with a lower-end budget ~ Greta Rose Zagarino
– How and where to find the right grant for your project AND How to write it ~ Jessica Lindley
– Social Media ~ Adam Buchanan (SM guru at Columbia Sportswear)
– Stand Up Paddle Boarding (on and off water workshop) ~ Dan Gavere
– Understanding the Power of the Kayak Club ~ Panel
– GoPro filming and short, quick edit techniques ~ Kris Jaymo
– Rolling smorgasboard ~ a gathering of instructors to discuss and provide input on all the
different techniques to teach the kayak roll.
– “Boofing & Freestyle” ~ Sam Drevo
– And, much, much more . . .
* Hired, professional facilitators leading discussions on industry “Policy”. We are providing facilitators from Portland, OR to provide leadership and guidance for some very important topics such as:
– Marketing strategies to get people into boats and keep them in boats. We are going to come up with 3 marketing initiatives that we as an industry can agree upon and work together to get “butts in boats”.
– What is the role of professional paddlers? If you are a manufacturer that sponsors paddlers, a retailer that supports your local paddler or an athlete who is sponsored . . . YOU ARE GOING TO WANT TO BE HERE!
– Pro-deals and give-aways ~ are we hurting our market by “giving” away product?
– Warranties . . . our facilitator will lead this discussion between manufacturer’s and retailers to provide guidance in improving their communication and relationships.
* Networking opportunities! In other words . . . PARTY! Columbia Sportswear will be hosting the Friday night event in Trout Lake, WA. And Next Adventure will be hosting the evening festivities on Saturday night ~ 100% PNW style.
* Last but not least ~ Paddle the FREE White Salmon River. Less than a year ago, the Condit dam was breached and it has only been until recent (well this week as a matter of fact) that it will be open for recreation. Don’t miss this historic opportunity as Tom O’Keefe leads us down the “freed” river and shares with us the work that made this happen.
With less than a month until the event, we need you to be there. Represent your area, your needs and your passion. Please visit this link to get your spot reserved.
And remember . . . ACA kayak instructor course prior to the event. Details here . . .